Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple 6.0 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 07:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple 6.0 Questions

Hey guys new to the forum. I've been looking around for a engine to go into my airboat and have been looking closely at the 6.0s. I bought a LS1/LS6 book the other day that i've been reading and the amount of power these engines can make would be great for the boat. I was wondering how hard it is to swap over to the carb setup? It seems relatively easy with just swapping out the intake and I also know you have to have a seperate controller for the ignition, but anything else that I am looking over? Also, what does the controller usually run pricewise?
Old 08-29-2006, 07:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wouldn't convert it to a carb setup for any reason other than the fact you just want to do it. It has no benefits over the EFI unless you're revving the snot out of it. Then, the carb setup may have a slight gain in performance. However, if you're completely set on switching it over to carb, then i have contributed nothing to your thread. Good luck.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the main reason I was thinking of going to carb is that if I ever have any problems on the water I can always make it back to the boat ramp with a carb. With efi if I have any problems that I can't easily fix it's gonna make for a long night.