Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F9 questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 08:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F9 questions

thinking of purchasing the F9, 232"/236" .585"/.600" 114LSA. On Futural web site it says the cam is recommended for use with nitrous and blower application. Why is that???

Anybody have experience with it??? HP/TQ??? ET???
Old 08-30-2006, 08:23 PM
Launching!

the way the lobes are on the cam. For some applications you might see that the lobes on the cam are very circular with almost no "peak" so to say. Other have a very sharp peak to have very little overlap in the opening of the valves. I would go by what they say on their website. You might see gains if you just go NA with it, but not much compared to the gains that you would see in a NA cam.

It all depends on what your goal is. If you think you are going FI then get it and put it on a shelf till you get that blower or nitrous kit installed. If you are going NA then I would stay away from the FI specific cams as you will see better results with the NA cams.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Divergent Lightning
the way the lobes are on the cam. For some applications you might see that the lobes on the cam are very circular with almost no "peak" so to say. Other have a very sharp peak to have very little overlap in the opening of the valves. I would go by what they say on their website. You might see gains if you just go NA with it, but not much compared to the gains that you would see in a NA cam.

It all depends on what your goal is. If you think you are going FI then get it and put it on a shelf till you get that blower or nitrous kit installed. If you are going NA then I would stay away from the FI specific cams as you will see better results with the NA cams.
I hear you, but I want to have good/ok power off the gas and great power on the gas. Would it make a difference say if I got a cam custom ground with the same exact specs but with NA power in mind instead of nitrous??? What i mean is about how much HP/TQ difference am I looking at with the cam ground for nitrous and one with the same specs ground for NA???
Old 08-31-2006, 10:35 AM
Launching!

there are plenty of camshafts on the market. Call them and tell them what you want and they will most likely have something that will suit your desire. You will get a faster and/or more accurate response than posting on here.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

It just means that the valve events (IVO,IVC,EVO,EVC) are exhaust biased which facilitate gases to exit and produces more power under boost situations.
Also an exhaust biased cam is more peaky and power falls faster after peak than an intake biased cam from TDC.