Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 11:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads

I have a 2003 Z06 with longtubes, cutout, vararam and I want to add H/C to that very soon. I have been looking at heads made by AFR, Patriot, LPE, etc. I understand the #s for the combustion chamber and the runner volume but I don't know what I should get. I don't know if I want a 66 cc head or a 72 cc head or whatever other sizes there are. I am pretty sure I want a 205 cc set but I'm not sure. This car is not my only car but it is still a frequently driven street car, not a race car. I will occasionally take it to the strip or the road track but it is mainly a street car. I want to make about 450rwhp but more would be ok. I want to spend $4000 or less installed and tuned. I want to have a noticible lope in the idle but it needs to idle easily and consistently. I don't want a cam that's going to give me just high end power or just low end torque. I am interested in a powerband similar to the stock setup, but I want more area under the curve. I have a couple of places in mind. MTI in Atlanta, GA. Hesco in Birmingham, AL. Vengeance Racing in Atlanta. All of these places have good reputations from personal friends so I am comfortable with their names. I live in Auburn, AL so I need a place that I can drive to and drop my car off.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Sorry for writing a book.

Greg
Old 09-18-2006, 09:33 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by electronbluec5
I have a 2003 Z06 with longtubes, cutout, vararam and I want to add H/C to that very soon. I have been looking at heads made by AFR, Patriot, LPE, etc. I understand the #s for the combustion chamber and the runner volume but I don't know what I should get. I don't know if I want a 66 cc head or a 72 cc head or whatever other sizes there are. I am pretty sure I want a 205 cc set but I'm not sure. This car is not my only car but it is still a frequently driven street car, not a race car. I will occasionally take it to the strip or the road track but it is mainly a street car. I want to make about 450rwhp but more would be ok. I want to spend $4000 or less installed and tuned. I want to have a noticible lope in the idle but it needs to idle easily and consistently. I don't want a cam that's going to give me just high end power or just low end torque. I am interested in a powerband similar to the stock setup, but I want more area under the curve. I have a couple of places in mind. MTI in Atlanta, GA. Hesco in Birmingham, AL. Vengeance Racing in Atlanta. All of these places have good reputations from personal friends so I am comfortable with their names. I live in Auburn, AL so I need a place that I can drive to and drop my car off.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Sorry for writing a book.

Greg

It looks like you will be running N/A, so you would not want to get a 72cc head to drop your compression. You would want to raise compression depending on your cam selection. Give us a call and we be glad to answer any questions you may have.