Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question on a cam

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default question on a cam

i just bought a 237/241 595/595 112 Lunati cam (LUN5508) from another member on here. after i sent payment i found a site that said that cam "requires major engine modifications". so i called the lunati tech line and they told me that it requires rocker arm upgrades......? anyone got any ideas of what all would have to be upgraded on a stock head stock stock bottom end car to get this cam to work? seems wierd to me that it wouldnt since i know people that use much bigger cams without problem.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Resident

Im pretty sure that youll have to have your pistons notched, for the piston to valve clearence. As far as the rocker arms Im not sure what they mean. Also the stock springs wont be able to hold that cam either.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:55 PM
Staging Lane

see thats what i dont get. why would the pistons need to be notched? i have friends that have bigger cams than that with no problems and nothing more than a tune and valve springs.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:08 PM
TECH Resident

I have friends that just threw a big cam in there motor and they didnt check their p to v clearence and they ruined their whole motor. they put a valve through a piston mashed up the head and cracked a two sleeves. all because they thought it would be fine. the cam specs were close to the same on the lift as the one that your wanting to use.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:46 PM
Staging Lane

typically would a cam, similar to the one i have listed, clear? is it the lift or duration that makes it not clear? or a combo of both?