Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MS4 installed :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 06:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MS4 installed :)

Well it took a couple weeks but I got the install done.
Now I understand the valvetrain will be louder, which I don't have a problem with. My first start up went well. It did take a while but found a good idle yesterday. So today I took it out for it's first drive, and all of a sudden I hear a much louder ticking that speeds up and slows down with the engine RPM. I have been watching my oil pressure, and it has stayed good and steady. Does anyone have any ideas before I tear it apart looking for my problem. Or maybe its normal what ever it is it comes and goes, but it does not sound right to me.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by '01HAWK
Well it took a couple weeks but I got the install done.
Now I understand the valvetrain will be louder, which I don't have a problem with. My first start up went well. It did take a while but found a good idle yesterday. So today I took it out for it's first drive, and all of a sudden I hear a much louder ticking that speeds up and slows down with the engine RPM. I have been watching my oil pressure, and it has stayed good and steady. Does anyone have any ideas before I tear it apart looking for my problem. Or maybe its normal what ever it is it comes and goes, but it does not sound right to me.
Maybe check the accessory belt? Usually intermitant ticking isnt a mechanical problem, but it's possible. check all the small stuff first. Then take off the valve covers and check the springs. If you cant figure it out, have the shop you tune it auto tap it and see if they can figure it out.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:30 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jermzz
Maybe check the accessory belt? Usually intermitant ticking isnt a mechanical problem, but it's possible. check all the small stuff first. Then take off the valve covers and check the springs. If you cant figure it out, have the shop you tune it auto tap it and see if they can figure it out.
that.....and if you still have your air injection, make sure those tubes are bolted down good, and the gaskets are still good. that'll cause a nice little tick