Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When is a cam not safe for DD?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 03:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When is a cam not safe for DD?

I was looking at a 222/224 cam. Well I returned that and want bigger! My buddy has a G5x3 and just loves it. I think I want it. My question is, how big can I go with 4.10's, six speed, Ls6 intake, Lts and corsa exhaust. I will get heads in a year or two.

I have Comp cams Push rods (do not remeber length, stock?) Comp Lifters and Comp 918s. Which cam should I go with?

T rex?
MS3?
G5x3?
Comp?
Crane?
Old 10-03-2006, 03:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you want to go to a huge cam, you'll probably need dual springs...

to drive it on the street with the least amount of hassle, you may want to get more gear.. you may be fine with the 4.10s.. but id consider the 4.10s to be the min.. this is mostly due to the bucking you'll get trying to go slow in traffic or up hills.... if its flat where you live, with little traffic, then its not as big of an issue.

tuning will be your biggest obstacle. if you consider yourself reasonably bright about car stuff, or willing to learn, i would get HPtuners/EFIlive and see about tuning it yourself... if you learn it, you can put the hours into your own car, and you'll end up much happier then having it "tuned" over and over.

if you do those three things... then you can basically run as large of a cam as you can stand, in a daily driver...
Old 10-03-2006, 03:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go WIth the T-rex it will make more power with your set up than a ms3 or g5x3