Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water pumps and bubbling engines, I am at a total loss...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 08:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water pumps and bubbling engines, I am at a total loss...

Okay, replaced the head gasket with steel units, had the heads checked for being warped and I still get bubbles in the radiator!? not a lot, but, a few. It only seems to bubble at idle? If I giv it gas and rev it up and hold it, no bubbles appear, so I can tell so far.

How many waterpumps fit the camaro engine, including its hoses? I am thinking that maybe I have a wrong pump, or, its spinning backwards? Maybe it is just plain bad?? I wonder if it is not pumping correctly for some reason and producing a hot spot? Thermostat housing reads 155 degrees, but, that CANT be the correct. Maybe there is a localized hotspot boiling.......somewhere.....from a defective pump!?

I cant think of why in the world I would be getting bubbles if the heads check out okay, and, there were no traces of headgasket leakage on the deck of the engine. I would think that there would have been a tell tail trail somewhere if exhause gasses were slipping by?
Old 11-01-2006, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by csmc711
Okay, replaced the head gasket with steel units,
Why? Steel head gasket are very tempromental. Did you coat them with the proper sealant before installation? Did you retorque them after the first heat cycle? Did you perform chemical block check while the bubbles are present?
Old 11-01-2006, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

steel head gaskets are crap on aluminum heads you need to coat the with some cooper seal or get some good felpros you have a leak between two cylinders pressurizing your coolant system. Put two cubes of bars stop leak in it might do the trick gm put it in from the factory
Old 11-02-2006, 08:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the input. I checked the coolant last night and the radiator was real low. I then filled it ip, ran it some more and turned it off, I noticed it was boiling? I checked it this morning and sure enough it was real low again. Whatever the problem is, I do not think bars leak is going to fix this one, but, thanks for the tip.