Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil leak.....need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil leak.....need help

the problem started a while ago when i had a oil leak from what seemed to be the oil pan gasket in the rear corner on the passenger side which sounded right with 120k on it.....so i took out the oil pan and replaced the gasket...the rear main was also replaced b4 this.....after i replaced the gasket, the oil continued to leak from the same exact spot.....it drips down the side of the oil pan and blows back on everything.....it is a pretty big leak too......is it possible the oil pan is warped or what?
Old 11-05-2006, 09:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take your time, clean it up well and then find the leak - it's probably not the pan but more likely the valve covers, oil sender, etc.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Teching In

i cleaned it up got all the oil cleaned.....i replaced the oil level sensor when i did the pan so i kno thats not it, and its dry above the pan so its not anything above leaking down (valve cover) still leaking right from where the last 8mm diam. bolt is on the passenger side
Old 11-07-2006, 08:17 PM
Has Unresolved Sales In Feedback/12 second club

Check your dipstick filler tube seal, mine was bad, it was leaking down running along the oilpan and dripping in the exact same spot.