Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does your car leak oil?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Does your car leak oil?

Ever since I had my cam swapped ~1 year ago my car has leaked oil. Oil covers my headers, oil pan, o2 extensions, the oil filter, and the entire under carriage. I'm going to be changing to Pacesetter LT's as I lower the car soon and don't want oil all over the headers. Any ideas where to begin checking for leaks?
Old 11-06-2006, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

well if its all over that much of the engine i would think the leak is up high, so check the valve cover gaskets and go from there. You said you did a cam swap and it started leaking, did you put all new seals and gaskets in when you did the swap, and did you install the front main seal right (bolting the front cover down after the pully is on).
Old 11-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Launching!

That's what I was thinking. There is some oil on the top side of the header flange as well on the driver side so I think I need to replace the valve cover gaskets. Is that a common maintenance issue? I can't help but to think the timing cover is leaking too because oil is all over.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Launching!

Anyone know where I could get the valve cover gaskets? Price? Any write ups on how to change them? Doesn't seem like it would be too difficult.