Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Last question on my head/intake install!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 02:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Last question on my head/intake install!

well im FINALLY there! with all the stress and pain (emotional and physical(getting killed with a cresent wrench)) this damn nightmare is almost over! well.. not yet.. still missing a header bolt , need to connect the AIR , refill the radiator , but i have one last question!!!! (i know i know ive asked a ton and i apologize). on the old set up with the stock TB there were those two little hard-line looking things that stuck out from the middle. on the new PTM 90MM TB there arent any of these.. now i have some extra tubing i have no idea what to do with? here are the pics of what im talking about

this tube is the first tube coming off the top of the radiator, its the tube with that orange looking bracket sitting on the condensor. did this used to plug into the stock TB?

then theres this crossover pipe that went between the two heads that has a hard line (looking pipe thing) that comes off pointing towards the front of the car. in the pic i connected the tube.. did this used to connect to the stock tb as well? if you look on the top right theres the stock TB showing what little hard line things im talking about

if those two tubes connect to the bottom of the stock TB, and the new one doesnt have any fittings for those, how do i go about blocking those off?? what do i do? thanks in advance!
Old 12-14-2006, 02:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

connect them together. either buy a long line to replace them both or go buy a fitting to connect them together
Old 12-14-2006, 04:09 AM
TECH Junkie

ohh snap thats right!!! thank you sir appreciate it!
Old 12-14-2006, 04:23 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that tubing used to connect to the stock throttle body to allow coolant to flow through it. This prevented the tb from icing over in the winter many people, including myself, bypass this by connecting the two coolant tubes together, providing a slightly cooler, denser aircharge. Will you notice it? probably not, but the company that supplies the "kit" to do it, claims a 7hp increase on back to back dyno pulls. It only cost me 98 cents.