Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roller Got Stuck On Brand New Lifter

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 10:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy Roller Got Stuck On Brand New Lifter

I am currently putting my 408 together and got a brand new set of Comp Cams OEM lifters. I got it all together and spun the engine over a number of times and then took it back apart to inspect everything. When I got to the lifters one of the rollers would not spin. It was jammed stuck. I pushed the roller to the side to center it and heard a slight pop. After that the roller seems to be fine now. WTF? Should I be thinking of getting another new set of lifters? What would have happened if I would have started the car?
Old 12-17-2006, 11:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The pressure of the springs against teh cam might have been enough to muscle out whatever was stuck in it. Do you think its the kind of thing that might get stuck again? Might call up the vendor or even comp and see whatthey say. They might send you a single replacement lifter.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it seems to be okay now. The engine had been sitting for a while and that might have had something to do with it. I was planning on finishing up and dynoing the car tomorrow but I will check it out again and decide.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:56 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get the manufacturer to replace it or buy a single one from them. just imagine it sticking at 5 grand a 100 miles from home or at the track. it could cost you a cam or even worse. i'd say its a lucky find.