Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tuning the 7th collector pipe with 02

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuning the 7th collector pipe with 02

I was thinking.... If the 7th cylinder is always the one to burn a piston, why not tap into that primary and tune from that? That would make sure that cylinder was tuned correctly, and, if the others are a little rich, hell, much better than running lean.

Then again, is this on NA engine also that have a #7 lean issue or just FI's?
Old 12-19-2006, 08:16 PM
Teching In

I was thinking the same thing. Also have your injectors flowed and put the highest one on #7 and let it roll

Mike V
Old 12-19-2006, 08:40 PM

Or tell your head porter to not port the cylinder that's going to be in the #7 position as heavily as the others so that it gets the same amount of fuel, but is flowing less air making it run richer. I think that might be better if you're paranoid about blowing the #7 piston.

Ben T.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, of course you get the injectors flowed first so you know there is no major issues with them, at least. I was also thinking the same lines about the not porting the one intake runner on the head, but, no, would like t have them all the same flow. Nothing really paranoid about it, but, if I can do something to keep #7 from blowing for sure while keeping the rest of the engine as healthy as possible, then by all means. Not all of us have 3k, an engine lift and plenty of time on our hands to be changing engines when need be.