Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

people with strokers ....how long it take you to put everything together.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 02:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default people with strokers ....how long it take you to put everything together.

i just ordered a 408 shortblock and custom cam through mizfit motorsports, i put down 50% and in a few weeks ill pay the rest off. after that i gotta save up for my stage 3 l92's/l76 set up roughly close to $3k with head studs and all.
anyway i was lookin at the calender and figured out i will finish the long block up by early may then save up another $2k for install and tune....so i wont have the motor running till like freakin august.

i jus wanted to know how long it usually takes other guys to get there project goin.

lol this will be my third motor. first one i blew it up so hard it trashed my heads and cam. number 2 i just dont want anymore cuz i want the 408
Old 02-27-2007, 03:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im in the same boat as you sort of. After you have all the needed parts the actual build goes along fast. I have my engine on a stand and it does not take long at all to actually build it up.

I picked up my block and heads in mid jan and I will have it all built and installed by the end of next weekend. The reson for the delay was me taking my time getting the parts together plus i am by myself right now with my son too, the wife has been off playing army since the beginning of Jan. It will under 2 months in the making with me doing all the work by myself.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I put a cam in my stock block in March a couple years ago, timing was off and screwed the block and heads. Bought a 370 iron block, put it in in July and it screwed itself on the dyno. Ordered a 408 in September, arrived in November and wasn't up and running fully till January. My car was down for almost a year, that was painful.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got lucky when someone backed out of a LME 402, and a sponsor had some AFR225 in stock, when my motor got thrashed. No wait time and it took me about a month and a half to get it back and running.....