Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spring install?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring install?

My buddy has a 67 z28 and is installing a cam and springs just as I am doing in the LS1.
He freaked out after leaving the performance shop today and is telling me that they told him since we're both installing dual springs w/ a big cam that we have to have them all at the exact same pressure which requires special tools and knowhow to perform. I told him that I've never heard of this with the LS1's.
Can anyone confirm this for the LS1 or are the guys at the shop just talking about his car?
Old 03-05-2007, 07:03 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

he is talking about your install height of your springs. they should all go in around 1.800 (+or- .010). these heads are pretty close on all the install heights of being equal from one another from the factory. factory is 1.800, just check a couple with a height mike, and see how far they are off. but 90% of the time, just drop the new aftermarket springs in place and go.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:07 PM
12 Second Club

I think company u r buying the springs from do this already or else we would hear/read springs failing or damage valve train after spring swaps after install. no company wants to hear thier name and the word fail used in the same sentence. so in a sense I believe they are correct but, the consumer does not need to do this unless you are building an all out race motor then that could be very critical to perform.

fuerzaws6
Old 03-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Launching!

Okay cool, Then I'll just install them as the guide says and be done with it.