Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coated Dart heads?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 05:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Coated Dart heads?

Came across these on the GTO site. Anyone have any experience with these or other coated heads? Just curious if the benifits in the product description are really what the coating will do. Seem to be a nice set of heads. http://www.pm-fl.com/catalog/product...baaaa03127cd1f
Old 03-23-2007, 05:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Someone installed these on CF and got pretty good power out of them. The coating is something this vendor does all the time, and he supports the forum where you found the advertisement.

He also doesn't use the Dart valve train parts. Not to say what he uses are bad, but the Ferrea valves are a little heavier then the forged one piece valves Dart supplies and the 918 springs, in my opinion, are inferior to the PSI beehive springs that Dart supplies with their assembled heads. That is also a lot of flow, not sure what the port volume is on them. I believe he buys the bar castings and sets them up himself. I have seen good reports on his setup though.

They seem to be a very reputable vendor from everything I have ever seen on them.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Staging Lane

thanks for the info. Like I said just checking to see what the advantage(if any) of a coated head might be.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:16 AM

The porting and hand finishing might be worth power on a street car, but coatings are a poor place to spend money unless you have a racecar and are looking for small gains here and there because of class rules.

Ben T.