Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust cutout

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 04:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust cutout

ive been reasearching on them and they seem to be a great fit for what im trying to do. since they are only like 70$. i have a completely stock exhaust system, and was wanting more sound. running a cutout is like running straight headers correct? i am in tennessee and there is no emmisions testing. and if there were i could just put on the blockoff plate. but the questions i have is will the car be too loud for daily driving? and will the car sound good? i was just going to put some mufflers on it to improve the sound but i want power too. How much power can i expect from the cutout? i just want it to be quite enough that when im cruzing around town i can hear my radio and talk over it, and will it be raspy?
Old 04-10-2007, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

i have an electric one on my car and i love the way it sounds but for a DD i would be pretty loud driving it that way all the time. The only problem i have with mine is that if my car is "COLD" like when you first crank it in the morning it "POPS" alot . Hope this helps !
Old 04-10-2007, 05:15 PM
TECH Regular

i have one as well..ive had it on there for about 2 years and have only closed it maybe once or twice..i love the way it sounds..you can still talk on the phone perfectly fine. My'n is right before the rear axle, and i really dont even get that much drone in the cabin. It doesent sound raspy if you have cats. If you plan on getting rid of them than yes..it will get pretty raspy. I cant speak for my car, but at school we dyno'ed a 2000 WS6, and there was a 9hp difference to the wheels between open and closed.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:23 PM
10 Second Club

i also have stock manifolds. will a cutout bolt up to the stock manifolds? i assume the cutout will be right after the manifolds so there will be no cats, when i had my Lt1 i had no cats and flowmasters and it would sometimes get raspy and i hated it when it would be, but if there was a substancial gain in performance i really wouldnt care, also would the CEL light come on? thanks
Old 04-10-2007, 08:49 PM
TECH Addict

cut out at the manifolds is not a good idea, you wanna put that in the i-pipe near the rear axle
Old 04-11-2007, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02silvaZ
cut out at the manifolds is not a good idea, you wanna put that in the i-pipe near the rear axle

i agree !
Oh yeah mine cut out gave me 7rwhp on a dyno !