Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Piston and rod questions for a FI newbie.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 02:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Piston and rod questions for a FI newbie.

Ok guys I am trying to build a little more stronger motor then stock for boost. I am thinking of using my stock rods with a set of dished boost pistons that will fit them but I have not been successful in finding a manufacture that makes such an animal.

Therefore, I guess if I cannot find such a thing I would like to know what people think about the Scat I-beam rods with upgraded ARP2000 rod bolts. I know H-beams are stronger but 6-- rwhp is the most I am looking for so would those Scat I-beam hold up as I do not have much to spend on this.

Just how much stronger would the Scat I-beams be compared to the stock rods and is anyone running them with about that same kind of power. Thanks for any help and info.

One last question and that is what is the best piston ring set used for forced induction and namely turbos if that makes any difference. I was thinking of using total seal rings to make sure of no blow by and I believe they come in stainless steal, which is stronger for FI. Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited by WARPNOVA; 05-07-2007 at 02:40 AM.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I have decided to go with the Scat I-beam rods and then use Mahle pistons. I would like to know what people think of total seal rings or perhaps the hellfire rings. If there is a better ring set or some more information that I need to consider please let me know.