Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Melling HVC Oil Pump O-Ring??

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 12:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Melling HVC Oil Pump O-Ring??

Ok, I purchased a Melling HVC ported oil pump for my LS1. However it came with the blue spring which I installed and 2 other O-rings. One O-ring was black and round edges and the other was a blue/green with round edges but fatter than the black one. However, the O-ring I pulled from my stock oil pump was like a brownish/grey with flat edges. Me and my buddy worked on getting the new black O-ring installed but the pickup tube just wouldn't go. We put on the O-ring that came off the stock oil pump and it slipped on without any hesitation. Can I just go to the dealership and get a GM O-ring? I don't know what the 2 new O-rings that came with the pump would fit but we tried prying and pulling to get the pickup tube on it just wouldn't go. Anybody with any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 06-03-2007, 10:30 AM
I can shift faster than you.

If this is going into an F-body, the black o-ring is the one you should use. The green o-ring is for the truck-style pick-up tubes. A new GM o-ring will work though.

Jason
Old 06-03-2007, 03:40 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

black o-ring should be correct, it does go on tight, but if you cannot get it on, go to the dealer and order the stock oem blue one again. glad to see you installed the blue spring. expect 45psi+ at idle w hot 5w30 mobil 1 oil.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:52 PM
TECH Regular

Well, so far I've got the double roller chain in and new crank sprocket. I have it all dialed in perfect at 0 degrees top dead center 100.00%. I also got the new cam in 224/228 114 LSA comp cams without having any lifters fall Anyhow, I will just go to GM tomorrow and order a new O-ring, like I said though we couldn't get the black O-ring to fit for beans. It just kept slipping out of the groove inside the oil pump. And since the pickup tube only moves about 1/4" in any direction it's very difficult to get the pump lined up and the tube on at the same time. Would it be a wise decision to just get the tube lined up with the pump and then put the bolt back in a tighten it down? Or is it better to get the pickup tube in first then tighten it down? Can't wait to get the bottom end done then the rest is all boltons up top then it's time to give the Toyota back to the girlfriend and it's time to do some I just hope I don't have any issues with the car learning the cam...

Thanks so much!