Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant problems with Patriot Heads??????

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 07:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant problems with Patriot Heads??????

Well after 2 sets of head gaskets, and one new shortblock I finally found out where my coolant problem is. The number 1 intake port has a crack in it. Has anybody else had this problem? Seems like its a little thin right there which is likely the cause of the problem. They are the cnc'd stage II ls6 heads.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brokeTA
Well after 2 sets of head gaskets, and one new shortblock I finally found out where my coolant problem is. The number 1 intake port has a crack in it. Has anybody else had this problem? Seems like its a little thin right there which is likely the cause of the problem. They are the cnc'd stage II ls6 heads.
I just went through $500 in cometics and a perfectly stock motor to the #1 intake port leaking. It would only leak the 1st few times when you stomped on it. Then when it hydrolocked it went all the way through the port. They were not patriots they were ported by a vendor on here but I wont say who it is b/c they took care of me ....but the bright side is I have a forged motor now...not by choice
Old 06-11-2007, 04:16 PM
FormerVendor

As we said on the phone, these heads are over 2 years old. We will be glad to take a look at them and see if we can repair them. The charge will be at the bare minimum. If you have anymore questions, please let us know.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds liek patriot is stepping up to do a cheap repair on a head they did TWO YEARS ago. Were these just now installed on a motor or are they used?
Old 06-12-2007, 08:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BIG BAD BLACKSS
Sounds liek patriot is stepping up to do a cheap repair on a head they did TWO YEARS ago. Were these just now installed on a motor or are they used?

They were new when installed. And thats why I called. I simply asked if anybody else had this problem.