Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Redynoed yesterday = less power. What to check?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 06:42 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Redynoed yesterday = less power. What to check?

I redynoed at FMS yesterday. The only thing I've done different since Feb. was add a ASP crank pulley. This is the same dyno. So I was expecting ~10-15 more rwhp. 5-7 from the pulley and 5-10 more from the engine having about 9,000 more miles on it. It made 365rwhp through the cats & 382rwhp through the cut-outs last time. This time it made 350rwhp through the cats & 365 through the cut-outs. These are the corrected numbers. I was hoping it was the 40* increase in the temp. since the last dyno runs, but Allan didn't think so. He said to do a compression test on all the cylinders. I bought the compression checker and will do that first thing in the morning. What do ya'll think? I mean, the truck feels just as strong, if not a little more stronger than it was after the first dyno.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldn't be too concerned about it. The temp will make a little difference, not sure how much. From what I've heard, the pulley won't show much on the dyno, but should give you around .1 in the 1/4 as it allows the engine to build rpm a little faster. It won't hurt to check the compression and a leak down test is never a bad idea, but I would think if you had a problem there it would be down on power a considerable amount. There are many things that can cause the variation you describe, it could even be the trans slipping a little.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:18 PM
12 Second Club

same dyno will show different results every time u run on it. and u wait 5 months so numbers will be different....i dont know if it should be that much different tho.