Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with squealing noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 02:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with squealing noise

I have a 6.0 stroked to a 408 that is squealing and I don't know where it's coming from. At first I thought it was a belt but it's still there with the belt off. The noise doesn't start until the engine is at operating temp and will go away when giving it throttle. At steady rpm or deacceleration the noise gets really loud. It's coming from the front of the engine and there is no problem with oil pressure and it's been doing this for approx 500 miles seeing 6500 rpm so I believe it's not a bearing. It has an ATI balancer on it and ATI claims there is nothing in there balance that could squeal. I don't have a stock on to try or I would change it. Anyone have any ideas or run into something like this before?
Old 09-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cammin_Z
I have a 6.0 stroked to a 408 that is squealing and I don't know where it's coming from. At first I thought it was a belt but it's still there with the belt off. The noise doesn't start until the engine is at operating temp and will go away when giving it throttle. At steady rpm or deacceleration the noise gets really loud. It's coming from the front of the engine and there is no problem with oil pressure and it's been doing this for approx 500 miles seeing 6500 rpm so I believe it's not a bearing. It has an ATI balancer on it and ATI claims there is nothing in there balance that could squeal. I don't have a stock on to try or I would change it. Anyone have any ideas or run into something like this before?
My 408 is doing the same thing! The noise goes away at 2500 RPMs. I have had the rockers, springs, and push rods changed and the noise is still there. I also had the tranny disconnected to see if it was coming from there. Check out THIS thread and tell me if this is what yours sounds like.