Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 05:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what next for my bolt on frc?

evo2ls1
CF Member

Default what next for my bolt on frc?
i want to spend around 3000$ no more than 3500 for sure. i have a 99 frc artic white current mods=lg street s. lt's x pipe no cats zo6 ti exhaust, vortex intake ported tb, 180 therm, stge 2 dte diff with 3.90's. i know most will say H/C/I but with that would probally lead to a clutch real fast another 1000 to 1500 for a clutch installed. so between H/C/I and clutch thats around minimum 6500 to 8000 for all that which is clearly outside my budget. so i was planning ls6 intake, mild cam ls2 timing chain ect.. but what else will i need for a cam install, pushrods valve springs, ls6 oil pump ect... so if could get all that installed and tuned inside my budget i would have decent power increase and i would still have the extra 1k that i set aside when i bought the car for clutch when needed. i have searched over the forum and i see alot of people say wait and do heads with the cam but even for a set of budget ls6 heads it will be 1500 installed which not only puts me over my budget but also eats up my extra money set aside for a clutch. it will be 2 yrs before i save up that amount of money i do not want to wait that long to any more mods. i want to be able to run 7.80's in the 1/8 and high 11's in the 1/4 and i feel with the mods listed and some weight reduction i could run these times if not better! any input and i would love to hear what numbers and track times you cam only frc's are making?