Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

possibly running lean?..opinions

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default possibly running lean?..opinions

well, before realizing the vacuum leak behind the intake manifold i proceeded to try to get the car to idle correctly by drilling larger holes in the throttle body plate...eventually this worked, yet this hole is much to large for normal use...i pulled the intake and found what was causing the vacuum issue, re-installed everything, and fired her up...it appeared to level and idle at 2k rpms...(prolly bc of this throttle plate opening)..also, the headers were glowing orange as well, which indicates that it was running lean..could the lean be caused by this as well??...my computer did not throw any check engine lights. how would u go about fixing the A/F ratio if its lean..

if anyone has a tb they wanna sell pm me too lol
Old 10-27-2007, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bowe1632
well, before realizing the vacuum leak behind the intake manifold i proceeded to try to get the car to idle correctly by drilling larger holes in the throttle body plate...eventually this worked, yet this hole is much to large for normal use...i pulled the intake and found what was causing the vacuum issue, re-installed everything, and fired her up...it appeared to level and idle at 2k rpms...(prolly bc of this throttle plate opening)..also, the headers were glowing orange as well, which indicates that it was running lean..could the lean be caused by this as well??...my computer did not throw any check engine lights. how would u go about fixing the A/F ratio if its lean..

if anyone has a tb they wanna sell pm me too lol
Thats kinda weird if anything your headers could have been glowing when you had the vacuum leak b/c the car would have been lean. You would have had a bunch of unmetered air and no fuel to make up for it making a lean condition. what exactly is your a/f? Its going to be pretty lean idling
Old 10-28-2007, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

usually thats what happens when the engine gets xtra doses or air outside the capabilities the fuel calibration ecu interface.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:15 AM

so this indicates a leak around the intake manifold or of the like? if it was still some vacuum leak, wouldnt it throw a service light...before when there def was a leak, which i found, the light was on...now there is no light.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:12 AM

ttttt
Old 10-29-2007, 10:15 PM
11 Second Club

glowing orange = too hot, im no pro but id say too hot in my opinion = really lean