Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need cam advice.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 01:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need cam advice.

Well, right now my head is spinning from all of this information I've been trying to soak up lately! haha, anyways heres the deal...

I recently purchased an A4 '00 Trans Am. Shortly, Ill be purchasing the TSP Pacesetter longtubes/ORY package, and whatever catback I decide on... now, with that said... What kind of cam should I be looking at?

My goals are 400whp give or take, nice lopey idle, and somewhat decent street manners. This is my daily driver, so its going to be as reliable as possible. I know of a good tuner in my area to ensure this.

Is this do-able with an Ls1 intake manifold, or would I need to upgrade?

I will be getting a stall, down the road, as well. Recomendations on this?

also, for that horsepower goal, what size injectors do most people use? Is a fuel pump upgrade necessary or recomended?

Responses would be much appreciated, I tried searching, but I couldnt really find any other threads that approached my same situation.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:39 AM
TECH Resident

Ask Patric G about a custom cam for you car.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:51 AM
Launching!

TSP MS4 and flycut those pistons!!! My boy has this cam and he put down 400rwhp on his A4 01 SS with a ss4000 yank........BB............SVTKILR
Old 11-19-2007, 05:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Benny Blanco
TSP MS4 and flycut those pistons!!! My boy has this cam and he put down 400rwhp on his A4 01 SS with a ss4000 yank........BB............SVTKILR
thats just stupid.

for a A4 400rwhp will be hard if you want to still DD it and have good street manners. now if you want your street mannors to suck do what he said ^^^.

in any case your gonna want to have all the bolt ons, that will help the cam in all areas.

i would think a cam from thunder racing would be good tr230 its a 230/224 i think on a 112. that would be good for a DD and will make good power, add the stall and it will be even better