Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thinking of buying this motor... good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 02:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default thinking of buying this motor... good deal?

my buddy had done an ls1 swap into his 66 chevy pickup and now wants to go l92 so the motor is up for sale. heres the info. the motor has just under 2k on it and its set up for a 300 shot but has never been sprayed to this point.

Diamond 3.905 pistons
Eagle Rods with ARP bolts
Stock polished crank
ARP main studs
Trex (other cam or none)
Absolute speed heads 62cc, 2.02/1.57 valves with Crane 835 springs and Ti retainers
.045 head gasket
GM Lifters
Chrome Alloy Push Rods
GM rockers
New LS6 oil pump
Double roller timing chain
ASP UD pulley
LS6 intake
Ported stock TB
SVO 30lb injectors

hes keeping the intake and pulley as i already have em on mine, and hes gonna switch the cam out for something a lil more streetable (he has an ms3 laying around the shop so problably that one). and hes gonna keep my 160k motor to do a build for a friend of his.

here are the flow #'s on the heads
Lift............Intake...........Exhaust

not all that much @600 but def really good midrange IMO.

Heres the deal, he does the swap, keeps my stock motor, tunes it, and charges me 5 g's. definitly a good deal, im basically getting the tune and half the labor free ,give or take. Right? the only thing that worries me is the power that it made prior was only 440, i know it was through an auto(4L80E) and set up for spray but does that sound right considering the cam that was in there (trex). i know the guy personally and he would not try and scam me, I just wanna make sure im gonna make a good 450 na through an m6 with that ms3. its a killer deal anyway, just want some more expert opinions. THANKS!
Old 12-30-2007, 03:18 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds like a good deal to me as well. As far as the dyno #'s, it doesn't seem too far off for that setup. Dyno #'s are not the tell all of an engine anyway. I'm not exactly sure of the cr it has with those heads/gaskets. You could build your own engine for near that but hey, this one is done! Basically, if you trust the builder and like the engine as far as it's a good match for your needs, buy it. Someone else on the wrenches helping you out is worth alot!

Good luck!!
Old 12-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Launching!

thanks for the input, im gonna let him know by tuesday for sure what i wanna do. Im thinking im gonna do it. Its very close to what im looking for and a little smaller cam makes it very streetable. i really wanted to get an ss hood and take on the rear end and trans first but I think this deal is too good to pass on.