Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PR help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 03:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PR help!!!

Alright everything that can go wrong has gone wrong for me. I took my engine to a machine shop to check the clearance for my Trex and it needed to be flycut so I went with the MS3. I am running the Texas-speed 5.3 stage 2.5 heads.

The machine shop told me that I need 7.4 Pushrods to use that MS3. So I went and got some. Now they are saying that those wont work. They rechecked with a adjustable PR and told me that I am going to have to use 7.3 PRs.

Does this sound right? I did a search it seems everyone is using 7.4.

Please explain!!! I NEED HELP!!
Old 02-05-2008, 03:39 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With the PRC 2.5 5.3L heads and the MS3 combo, you will need to run the 7.400" pushrods if the heads aren't milled. Did you have us deck the heads for you? PM me your name and I'll check it out for you.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:51 PM
11 Second Club

I am not the original buyer of the heads. I contacted you guys and you guys tried to help me as much as possible but nothing can be certain of who actually bought the heads from you.

The heads are new in the box. They were never put on a block until I checked the PVC with the Trex. The heads look untouched...but hell what do I know.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You should aways check with the Manufactor of the Cam and its compones. There recommendation should give you a good starting point and also what to check for clearances.

Without knowing what other mods are done, piston, head gasket, milling of the block ? would be only a guess without physically checking.

But if they now have verified with the correct tool (Adj PR and marks on the valve stem).. I would say they are going in the right direction. For a piece of mind. call the CAM Manufactor and ask them..
Old 02-05-2008, 05:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Question I would ask is the 7.300 will result in how much lifter preload? You may find they are dropping the lifter preload on you without you knowing it. 0.100" would be a lot of milling unless they did something to the rocker stand. Also ask them if they checked the wipe pattern before measuring.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:42 PM
11 Second Club

Here is a newb question for you guys.

I dont have have stock lifters. I have the Comp R's. Will the effect anything?

And I have been in contact with Texas-speed who made the cam and heads. They are being very helpful!!! Good guys!