Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need the experts help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 11:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need the experts help?

i have a 98 camaro z. well while installing my LT'S i noticed there was a hose towards the back of the motor that wasnt even connected.. looks like it burnt off or wore off. it was connected to the drivers side valve cover and connected to some other hose i believe from the other valve cover. the car still drives good. what exactly does it do? if not connected does it hurt performance?
Old 04-24-2008, 12:18 PM
On The Tree

come on people someone has to know this one
Old 04-24-2008, 01:32 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like pcv system

http://www.ls1howto.com/howto/geniii...kpcvsystem.jpg
Old 04-24-2008, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

you hit that one right on the button. yea its that hose behind the manifold. is that just used for emission. will i be fine driving it like that for the mean time. thanks for the reply
Old 04-24-2008, 01:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Exactly what I was gonna say. Thats the only hose running from valve cover to valve cover & then up to the front of the motor. I'd gaurentee you thats what it is. And if it is then you probably have a vacuum leak behind the TB which is gonna be maxing out your fuel trim. At least thats what happened on my car when I had a hole in the hose & didn't know it. Only way it doesn't have a leak is if the intake is capped off on that connection behind the TB. I'll bet you see a increase in gas mileage after you get it fixed & there isn't a leak anymore too.

And I never threw a code for it either which is why I didn't know it had a hole. Only way I found out was after my LT install when my tuner went to delete my air/egr stuff. He noticed something was wrong. At first we thought the MAF went bad so we switched them & it still had the problem. Then found that hole & once it was replaced all was good.