Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost big power and need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 07:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost big power and need help

I have a 1998 formula and i have lost a lot of power. I put LS6 heads, intake, and cam with SLP headers, MAF, High flow cats and a loudmouth exhaust system. about two or three years ago. everything ran great and it would spin and kick sideways on you even with the factory limited slip on ( I can't turn it off) after a trip to Tenn it lost a lot of the power, it doesn't have a miss but i knew the number 8 coil was bad so i changed that out and it helped a little but i still don't have all my power. I had it scanned at auto zone and it came up as bank 1 and 2 are lean. Do you think it could be the injectors? I was going to put a procharger on it but I want to get this thing fixed before I add any more power to it. The procharger is sitting in garage and driving me nuts.

Next problem does anyone know how I can turn off the factory limited slip, i have the light in my cluster but i don't have the switch in my dash.anything would help thanks
Old 04-24-2008, 07:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sappertodd
I have a 1998 formula and i have lost a lot of power. I put LS6 heads, intake, and cam with SLP headers, MAF, High flow cats and a loudmouth exhaust system. about two or three years ago. everything ran great and it would spin and kick sideways on you even with the factory limited slip on ( I can't turn it off) after a trip to Tenn it lost a lot of the power, it doesn't have a miss but i knew the number 8 coil was bad so i changed that out and it helped a little but i still don't have all my power. I had it scanned at auto zone and it came up as bank 1 and 2 are lean. Do you think it could be the injectors? I was going to put a procharger on it but I want to get this thing fixed before I add any more power to it. The procharger is sitting in garage and driving me nuts.

Next problem does anyone know how I can turn off the factory limited slip, i have the light in my cluster but i don't have the switch in my dash.anything would help thanks
when you say limited slip... are you talking about traction controll? Cause you can't turn limited slip off! But anyway, you might want to check the 02's if the banks are lean, that is usually what will cause it. And if you got slp long tubes, my guess is your wires got melted somewhere... ask me how i know!
Old 04-24-2008, 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

yeah sorry I meant to put traction controll. So you melted your wires to the 02? I'll check that out tomorrow thanks for the help.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sappertodd
yeah sorry I meant to put traction controll. So you melted your wires to the 02? I'll check that out tomorrow thanks for the help.
ha, that ain't the word for it.... Took me 3 sets of sensors before i finally got them in the right place to stay away from the headers.