Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's got the most miles on the Caddy Lifters?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's got the most miles on the Caddy Lifters?

Hi guys,

I got a set of the Caddy's coming to go in my LS2 but after reading the "failure" threads I got to wondering...has anyone put any substantial trouble-free miles on these lifters yet.

It seems most of the people in those threads who are actually running the Caddy's only have a few thousand miles on them.

So does anyone have any long term knowledge with these?

Thanks,
Ken
Old 05-07-2008, 12:06 PM
12 Second Club

dude i have been wondering the same question....... do you have an agressive cam.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:06 PM
12 Second Club

nevermind i just read your sig.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Teching In

I've sent a few pm's out on another site concerning these lifters and I just got a very reassuring response. A gentlemen has the caddy lifters in his C5 and has put over 20k trouble free miles on them.

His machine shop gave him a tip on installing these lifters...be sure to face the oil holes toward the front of the motor. I guess since he's at over 20k miles with them...can't really argue with that.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by KenWH
I've sent a few pm's out on another site concerning these lifters and I just got a very reassuring response. A gentlemen has the caddy lifters in his C5 and has put over 20k trouble free miles on them.

His machine shop gave him a tip on installing these lifters...be sure to face the oil holes toward the front of the motor. I guess since he's at over 20k miles with them...can't really argue with that.
Hope this is not for all lifters
Old 05-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Teching In

Not really sure about other lifters...heck I'm not even sure about the caddy's. But that's how this guy done his and they are working well for him...seems good enough to me.

I recall reading here while researching lifters that the caddy's oil hole is set 90* off from the oe lifters. The way I understand it is the caddy's oil hole can be placed either facing towards the front or the back of the motor unlike the oe lifters oil hole which can be placed to face towards or away from the valley.

So I guess it really depends on where the oil hole is on your particular brand/model lifter.