Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O Ring ????????

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 09:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O Ring ????????

Ok so about 3 weeks ago i started this whole tapping/ knocking sound at high rpms and when i would stop let it idle it would go away. It kinda got worse so went ahead and tore down motor. The only thing i found wrong was that the auto shop that did my heads and cam swap didnt put oil pump oring back and it was crushed and torn in two . I not sure why they even out the blue one back in it when i gave him a brand knew one to put on that was black and much thiker . Could this have caused the knock and oil pressure loss?

Also if i want to put a forged setup back into this motor . like pistons rods and crank is there anything special to do . I mean can i put pistons and rings in it with out having to have the tops of the cylinder walls camfared? stuff like that .
Old 06-29-2008, 11:12 PM
TECH Resident

Default Anyone!

So one gotta know
Old 06-30-2008, 01:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well your first mistake was taking it to a shop to begin with. You said you tore it down yourself, so you obviously know what you are doing.

Second mistake was trying to replace the blue o-ring with a thicker black one. This more than likely would have caused the O-ring to be pinched during the install of the pump. But since the shop used the blue one anyway, they f'ed up.

And lastly, yes this is exactly what could have caused the loss of pressure, resulting in knocking.