Sponsored by:

CNC Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CNC Help!

Hey everyone,

I need some help! I've got some old heads off of a 1999 TA with a casting number of 853. I want to clean up the ports and try to increase the flow. I don't have a probe or anything like that to check the surface of the ports. I would like to have a Mastercam or Solidworks file for the intake and exhaust port in there stock shape. Or is anyone in the Jacksonville,FL area has a Renishaw probe I can borrow, I would kindly appreciate that also.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 07-10-2008, 07:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't about any Renishaw probes to loan out but you would probably be better off starting with a better head. The 853 is about as low on the performance totem pole as you can go.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by HavATampa
I don't about any Renishaw probes to loan out but you would probably be better off starting with a better head. The 853 is about as low on the performance totem pole as you can go.
And the 806 head
Old 07-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Teching In

I know there just about a stupid stock as you can get. It's just for fun, just to see if I can do it. I hope to improve them, as far as the flow goes. If I can machine these things just right, I'll put new valves and stuff in them and give them a test run. And if everything goes really well, I'll get some new castings and machine a fresh set!