Sponsored by:

weird ac problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird ac problem

I have a weird problem with my ac.

ok when i turn on my car and its hot outside or the car has been running for a while and i turn it back on it releases some freon or oil from the freon at a pretty high pressure.

it does it even though the ac isnt on and you can hear it and sometimes you can even see it coming from near the front passengers tire.

yesterday when i opened up the hood to see where it was coming from exactly it seems like its coming from the compressor.

has anyone ever had this problem before or something similar?

what should i check or what can i check.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:55 PM
11 Second Club

Sounds like it might be the condenser fixin to go bad. If that happens it'll be a PIA to replace it cuz u gotta take off the whole dashboard to get to it. Good luck and hope its not that! I don't really think there's a way to check that.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by conde'strans
Sounds like it might be the condenser fixin to go bad. If that happens it'll be a PIA to replace it cuz u gotta take off the whole dashboard to get to it. Good luck and hope its not that! I don't really think there's a way to check that.
that would fn suck if thats what it is but hopefully its not im gonna check and make sure that both fans are running and isnt the cause of that problem.

thanks though if i find anything else i'll post it up