Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrading 224/228 to Polluter

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 06:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Upgrading 224/228 to Polluter

Well I figured it's that time to say goodbye to the mild 224/228 and go a little more extreme. Now that the polluter is producing some really good torque numbers I think I should be pretty happy with the results I'm looking for. The low end torque is what kept me away from getting a large cam in the past. Now that I've seen the nitrous numbers and the torque numbers I called Tick today and placed my order. I think the rebuilt motor should have some fun with this cam. Then once I work it in give it some spray I already have the valvetrain to support the cam so I figured what the hell. I'll be placing my 224/228 114 LSA cam up for sale in the parts forums soon. Let me know if anyone has experience with the polluter.

Thanks
Old 08-15-2008, 12:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for the order, Nick! Your motor is going to have a lot of fun with the Polluter.. both on and off the spray.

This cam was just introduced this week, so it is still very new to the LSx scene. We've got a few cars lined up in the next few weeks for installs, so we'll be pumping out more results ASAP. I've also shipped 6-7 of these cams already this week, so there will be results popping up all over the country shortly.

Keep us posted with your results!
Old 08-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Teching In

Hi Joey,

How would you rate the driveability of the Polluter vs. the TREX?
Old 08-15-2008, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackBirdSS
Hi Joey,

Interesting question! Id also like to know.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Polluter is awesome.. and the numbers are about to go up.. Joey.. count me in on those boltons.. were going all the way with this thing..
Old 08-17-2008, 12:38 AM
TECH Regular

Hehe I feel like a giddy schoolgirl waiting on this cam. Just found out my 918 springs were recalled so I'm going with the new 928 duals with titanium retainers and locks Comp was generous enough to give me retail value on my 918's and also knock off a bunch on their 928 dual valvespring kit due to labor involved with removing the springs. $340.00 total for brand new dual springs, titanium locks, retainers, valve seats and seals is a pretty damn good deal if you ask me! Can't wait to hear what this mother is going to sound like with my 2.5" pipes and bullet mufflers hahahaha!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:13 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackBirdSS
Hi Joey,

As you know, the driveability is 80% decided by the tuner. If you want any big cammed car to drive well, make sure you've got a good tuner.

That being said, if the same person tuned both setups and the only difference is the cam, expect the Polluter to give you more pedal response and torque down low in the RPMs. The increased torque makes driveability much improved. We've got a few customers currently swapping their big cams out and going to the Polluter - expect results and first-hand testimony soon.