Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what to do next?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 02:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what to do next?

my mods are in my sig. my goal is to get around 415hp/tq +/-. as long as i break 400 ill be happy. this is not my DD but at the same time i dont want something too crazy. i want to keep all the egr and air crap on it so that may limit my possibilities on getting a different intake manifold.

i have some afr 205's sitting in my room that have been milled to 62cc's (shooting for 11.1 comp with some cometics). im going to order some AR headers (1 3/4) in the next week.
ASP udp will also get added on before i re-tune.

im wondering what i should do next?
should i step up to a better flowing intake manifold/tb? fast 92? or port match the ls6?
is it worth it to get some 1.8 rockers to increase my lift?
Old 08-26-2008, 04:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

are you sticking with that cam in your sig? I would think you should hit 400rwhp mark with no problem. you can even stick with the ls6 intake to save some money. Good choice on heads which will really help you with your HP goal.

Really, you got a good choice on everything, i would say just get a little bit bigger cam
Old 08-26-2008, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tnmotown
are you sticking with that cam in your sig? I would think you should hit 400rwhp mark with no problem. you can even stick with the ls6 intake to save some money. Good choice on heads which will really help you with your HP goal.

Really, you got a good choice on everything, i would say just get a little bit bigger cam
motown, thanks for the insight.

i bought the car with the cam swap.
i thought about doing a swap but i really like the powerband of this cam.
a solid 390 pounds of torque from 1500rpm all the way to 6100rpm.

when i was looking into fast manifolds i saw this picture. i was wondering if you have to drill this out or just pop it off to use the egr????

Last edited by F8L_LS1; 08-26-2008 at 08:03 PM.