Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question

A friend of mine came over to ask a question about making his car a lsturd and his thread was closed ???? What gives no help
Old 09-10-2008, 09:43 PM
HPC

That's terrible. You would think they would offer up some information
At least some educated advice. There seems to be plenty of knowledge lurking about.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

by any chance did you register twice and post both of these? both 1 post w/ sept 2008 as join date lol. just a thought.

and why would you come to LS1tech and say "lsturd". hope you have fun meeting the banhammer.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:21 PM
12 Second Club

just found your other thread where your "friend" got banned and ive conlcuded you are all 3 of these names. I mean, be smart and not use the same terminology in all your s/ns (i.e. turd) hopefully you get all of them banned.

CAN SOME MOD CHECK THE IP ADDRESSES ON ALL 3 OF THESE GUYS?!
Old 09-10-2008, 10:27 PM
HPC

Originally Posted by WSsick
just found your other thread where your "friend" got banned and ive conlcuded you are all 3 of these names. I mean, be smart and not use the same terminology in all your s/ns (i.e. turd) hopefully you get all of them banned.

All 3 of who? Banned for what?
Old 09-10-2008, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 289 Likes on 169 Posts

I assure you that none of the "3" are duplicates.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:48 PM

whats we todd did
trying to get some advice and now these guys are freaking out
this IS the first time I ever been on this site
Old 09-10-2008, 10:50 PM

first of all try spell check
second of all if I'm not all 3 people how about ban YOU
Old 09-10-2008, 11:11 PM
HPC

I hope this isn't the way all ls1 virgins are treated. I was just interested in the topic, and I'm not feeling the love at all.
Any luck on those IP's yet? I'll be going to bed soon.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:21 PM
12 Second Club

sorry if i jumped the gun but it just seemed a little suspicious, my bad.

as for the sell check, i transposed L and U. whoppty freakin do. CONCLUDED. happy? if we're talking about language skills, it would be "an lsturd" not "a lsturd" in your first post.

sorry again, if im wrong.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:58 AM
Teching In

I think that I'm a little too abrasive for you people...calm down, I'm not going to take your dinner. I use turd, POS, and junk all the time...even describing my own car. That's just everyday language for me.

I'm trying to find out what I can expect by swapping to LS____ power. Can anyone help me, or are you going to close my threads and ban me? If you're going to close my threads, can you give me another LSturd site to get some technical advise? What can I expect by doing a swap in a 3200-3300 lb POS fox body? I know those Camaroturds are heavy...that's why I'm not buying one. I'd like to get my junk down below 7.50's on motor with some LSturd power. Is there enough power N/A to do that?

Thanks.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

I am the one that locked the other thread.

I've been around internet message boards for a while, I can tell when a thread is going to turn in to nothing more than a crap-fest VERY quickly. That was one of them.

If you're truly interested in learning about retrofits, we have an entire section here dedicated to retrofitting LS1 motors in to other platforms - and fox bodies have been done, so I am sure there are posts in there with a lot of relevant details.

I have not banned anyone involved yet... but if posts become flamefests, I will. You are welcome to hang out here, but please have some 'tact'. Your first post was not a very good way to introduce yourself to the community here.

And a cam-only LS1 motor can take your car in to the 6.9x territory if you set it up right.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:57 AM
TECH Addict

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by 10.5
I think that I'm a little too abrasive for you people...calm down, I'm not going to take your dinner. I use turd, POS, and junk all the time...even describing my own car. That's just everyday language for me.

I'm trying to find out what I can expect by swapping to LS____ power. Can anyone help me, or are you going to close my threads and ban me? If you're going to close my threads, can you give me another LSturd site to get some technical advise? What can I expect by doing a swap in a 3200-3300 lb POS fox body? I know those Camaroturds are heavy...that's why I'm not buying one. I'd like to get my junk down below 7.50's on motor with some LSturd power. Is there enough power N/A to do that?

Thanks.
PMFJI Camaroholic,

You could have had all your answers by now if you just spoke plain English without all your personal slurs added in. Obviously it offends people here, and it causes you to not get satisfaction by getting your questions answered.

So what would be the big deal if you just stifled your slurs and biases to get the help you need? And the fact that you continue to use the same terms when it was pointed-out to you, nicely I thought, shows an utter lack of respect for the people here. What could be stupider than that? And to add insult to injury, you act as if we're not cool because we don't relate to your bizarre "humor."
Old 09-11-2008, 07:05 AM
HPC

Originally Posted by Predator
PMFJI Camaroholic,

You could have had all your answers by now if you just spoke plain English without all your personal slurs added in. Obviously it offends people here, and it causes you to not get satisfaction by getting your questions answered.

So what would be the big deal if you just stifled your slurs and biases to get the help you need? And the fact that you continue to use the same terms when it was pointed-out to you, nicely I thought, shows an utter lack of respect for the people here. What could be stupider than that? And to add insult to injury, you act as if we're not cool because we don't relate to your bizarre "humor."

I don't believe I read the rule about there being no "humor" allowed. There were so many though....it's possible that I could've looked over it.
Quick to judge are we? The question was very much ls1 related. Dang......
Old 09-11-2008, 07:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 10.5

Thanks.
I see your having trouble getting help here. Maybe I can help you with your mustang. Instead of installing an LSturd you might want to consider a smallblock Chrysler. Ive heard they work really well on a fox platform
Old 09-11-2008, 07:59 AM
TECH Junkie

3200-3300lbs is not difficult to achieve in a camaro

you may lose some amenities, but nothing major.

as for all the hostilities...its simple. you come to a LSx site and the first words out of your mouth are slander towards the engine/car/setup.

if i wanted to hear about your family...would you like it if i asked about your fat bitch slit hoe wife? probably not.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Try the conversions and hybrids forums, there are dozens of threads about your swap...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps-28/
Old 09-11-2008, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by teke184

as for all the hostilities...its simple. you come to a LSx site and the first words out of your mouth are slander towards the engine/car/setup.

if i wanted to hear about your family...would you like it if i asked about your fat bitch slit hoe wife? probably not.
How did you know his wife??? lol

O yeah she left you for him
Old 09-11-2008, 10:27 AM
TECH Addict

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by HPC
I don't believe I read the rule about there being no "humor" allowed. There were so many though....it's possible that I could've looked over it.
Quick to judge are we? The question was very much ls1 related. Dang......
Humor is allowed of course, but no one seems to find "lsturd" funny except you. We don't think of our cars as turds for one thing. There's a difference between being funny and offending people. In order to be funny, you need to find people who find you funny. Try the Mustang Ranch.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:58 AM

Default Hey Predator is this humor

I guess it's OK on here to talk about peoples family but how DARE you talk about there precious CARS

Originally Posted by teke184