Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trickflow GenX Head/Cam Combo

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 11:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Trickflow GenX Head/Cam Combo

I was checking out these trickflow head/cam combo on Summit. I was looking at the 485, 500, and 515hp packages. They all have a 460tq rating i think. It comes with everything like CNC ported/polish heads, matching cam, pushrods, harland roller rocker arms, and GM gaskets and bolts. It's a DD and want to add some power. So what you guys/gals think about getting this on my TA?
Old 10-08-2008, 11:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I liked it so much , i bought it. I bought the 515 kit. Its a very nice kit, best heads on the market. Im currently installing it right now , but it is a very nice kit. I changed a few things like , a more aggressive cam , milled the heads , and thinner head gasket. You will like it. I wont have numbers for a while, but i dont think i will be disappointed.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by wilwhite2kss
I liked it so much , i bought it. I bought the 515 kit. Its a very nice kit, best heads on the market. Im currently installing it right now , but it is a very nice kit. I changed a few things like , a more aggressive cam , milled the heads , and thinner head gasket. You will like it. I wont have numbers for a while, but i dont think i will be disappointed.
That's good cause i WILL go to summit and buy mine tomorrow. Only gotta drive 50 miles. I'm getting the 515 too. Also, I'm getting double roller timing chain and i should get a oil pump too. Then getting a 3000 stall with shift kit and transcooler. U must didn't like the cam that came with the combo. So how aggressive is your cam now and what specs is it?
Old 10-09-2008, 07:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

call Ron from Vengeance, there are better cams and besides if you want the heads milled, they get them from TEA direct and will be custom built to your specs-goals.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

its not that i didnt like the cam, it was just a bit small. I have heard good things about it since i sold it. The cam i got is a pat g spec 232/233/607/ 113lsa. I just did the ls2 timing chain ,and bought the mellings oil pump. I still need to get some 42lb injectors. Its coming along though. I'm sure you will be happy with it.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by wilwhite2kss
its not that i didnt like the cam, it was just a bit small. I have heard good things about it since i sold it. The cam i got is a pat g spec 232/233/607/ 113lsa. I just did the ls2 timing chain ,and bought the mellings oil pump. I still need to get some 42lb injectors. Its coming along though. I'm sure you will be happy with it.
Ok cool.

Quick Reply: Trickflow GenX Head/Cam Combo