Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me choose which of these heads for my TSP 418.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 10:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help me choose which of these heads for my TSP 418.

I already have a set a set of Mamofied 205 heads but feel there still a little small. Since I don't have a lot of money lately I was wondering if it might be better to keep the AFR 205's heads(with cam to match) or go with a pare of PRC L92 heads(with cam to match) for my TSP 418? this is going on a street strip car with nitrous.
BTW. I was a little worried about too much torque down too low with the AFR 205's.
Thanks
Old 11-15-2008, 05:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would keep what you have especially if you already have a matching fast intake. Unless a proven l92 intake comes out the l92's will put you in worse condition than the afr's. The l92 heads may flow more cfm but the intake is maxxed out at the same cfm. So you get the same cfm with more velocity from the afr's. Plus you dont have to buy some specially spec'd cam to make hp with the afr's. Vengeance swapped from l92's to afr's and gained hp and tq with less compression and a smaller cam. Now if you want to sell the afr's and fast and use that money to buy an l92 setup and use the extra money for something else, then that might work. Even when the intake comes out for them it is going to be more of a top end hp head like the ls7.