Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

steam line hook up???

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default steam line hook up???

I am building up an LS2 from scratch and was wondering if I could tap a hole in the top of the water pump housing , add a fitting and run the steal line to that fitting ?
Any comments?
Old 02-21-2010, 11:58 PM
Teching In

Default steam line

Well I also am not sure if my solution is proper but on my L92 build I taped a fitting into the water outlet fitting [ t stat housing] and connected it into it.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:56 PM
Teching In

i am also wondering what to do with the steam line. i have looked all over the forum but have not found anyone that talks about this. the factory ones go to the Radiator or a presurized overflow. Tapping the thermostat housing is a good idea but I wonder if it would cause a back feed of coolent. I think this is why they went to the radiator. If anyone else out there has any good ideas, i would love to here them. Thanks everyone
Old 03-15-2010, 01:26 PM
Teching In

Default ? my solution

After connecting to my stat housing and posting my solution, I did a search on the forum and found several postings stating that the line leaving the connection on the cylinder head should travel upward and connect into the radiator or hose or resivor tank to prevent an air lock. I can't imagine that an air lock could exist if you are venting steam but I must admit that I am not sure that my solution is a good one. Soooo, surely there must be someone who really knows about this.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jim copland
After connecting to my stat housing and posting my solution, I did a search on the forum and found several postings stating that the line leaving the connection on the cylinder head should travel upward and connect into the radiator or hose or resivor tank to prevent an air lock. I can't imagine that an air lock could exist if you are venting steam but I must admit that I am not sure that my solution is a good one. Soooo, surely there must be someone who really knows about this.
Use this part:
http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Par...g_LSI-tee.html

If you want to "see" if the air is out of the cooling system, use this part:
http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Par...ightGlass.html
Old 03-15-2010, 03:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A pressurized reservoir would be fine, a normal overflow reservoir no.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Thanks MikeJTR! I just ordered one from you. For anyone one else, you could also use the Autometer part number 2283 - Auto Meter Radiator Hose Adapters. JTR's is cheaper and free shipping!

Quick Reply: steam line hook up???