Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is my PCV ok ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 04:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is my PCV ok ?

Hi

here is a drawing of my PCV setup
LS2 404ci NA

1. like you can see i deleted the Intake ingoing line
2. 2x breather, one on oil cap and one smaller instead of outgoing line on catch can.
3. installed line between both Valve covers (donīt know why but seemed a smart thing then)
4. PCV valve between crank valley and Catch can (was thinking i could delete that too)

So is this " too much" or is it a good setup

would like to hear what people think of this

Baezi
Old 11-15-2010, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Somewhere in the below thread theres a link to the diagram you're looking for.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...outing-ok.html

That looks good except theres no return on the can, and with a PCV setup like this you dont want any breathers (its a pressurized system). I ran a single can/breather on my valve cover before but after further research, im doing this:

Under a full cycle the engine will try to blow out oil and suck it in, so the dual can setup cleans both ways while keeping vacuum throughout
Old 11-16-2010, 02:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Irish350
Somewhere in the below thread theres a link to the diagram you're looking for.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...outing-ok.html

That looks good except theres no return on the can, and with a PCV setup like this you dont want any breathers (its a pressurized system). I ran a single can/breather on my valve cover before but after further research, im doing this:

Under a full cycle the engine will try to blow out oil and suck it in, so the dual can setup cleans both ways while keeping vacuum throughout
hi

are you saying i should not run breathers, not even on the oil cap.

i see some people don't even run can's only one big breather on the oil cap.

thanks

Baezi
Old 11-16-2010, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

The system you have now will if anything pull air into the engine. The outlet where you have the breather should go back to the manifold. This will give you vacuum to pull the fumes out of the engine filter the oil out in the can , and then inject the fumes back into the engine to be burnt up. You could delete the lines from the valve covers as this may draw to much oil into the system. Thats why GM went with the vent in the valley cover. (LS6 type)
I wouldn't just run a breather it's messy and doesn't get the crap out of the engine. The fumes have acid ,water, carbon etc thats bad for engines
Old 11-16-2010, 05:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1lejohn
The system you have now will if anything pull air into the engine. The outlet where you have the breather should go back to the manifold. This will give you vacuum to pull the fumes out of the engine filter the oil out in the can , and then inject the fumes back into the engine to be burnt up. You could delete the lines from the valve covers as this may draw to much oil into the system. Thats why GM went with the vent in the valley cover. (LS6 type)
I wouldn't just run a breather it's messy and doesn't get the crap out of the engine. The fumes have acid ,water, carbon etc thats bad for engines
hi

ok i understand what you mean.....

install the line from can into intake and delete the line between valve covers ok... , but what about the breather on the oil cap, delete it too

my stroker need to breath that i know, just wante to have enough breathing...

but offcourse not wrong and useless setup

Baezi
Old 11-17-2010, 07:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yea I would take off the breather. (unless the can needs one)For instance I have a over flow catch can on my trans vent it has a breather. It has one because the system is dead ended at the can. The fumes go out the breather and the tran oil collects in the can to be drained. You need to run a PCV going into the manifold. This system is a loop. You draw fumes from the crank case and drop the oil out in the can and then pull the fumes back into the intake to be burned.

Quick Reply: Is my PCV ok ?