Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L92 Victor Junior setup ????

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 08:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L92 Victor Junior setup ????

Hey guys I'm gonna be swapping intakes from the stock LS3 to the victor junior setup (#28455) and was wondering what elbows you guys were running to fit under the cowl so you don't have to cut it at all. Also what injectors are you guys running? Can the stock ls3 injectors be used in that intake with the fuel rail kit (#3638?) Any help would be appraciated thanks guys
Old 06-15-2012, 10:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pate_2008
Hey guys I'm gonna be swapping intakes from the stock LS3 to the victor junior setup (#28455) and was wondering what elbows you guys were running to fit under the cowl so you don't have to cut it at all. Also what injectors are you guys running? Can the stock ls3 injectors be used in that intake with the fuel rail kit (#3638?) Any help would be appraciated thanks guys
I built a 427 CI sleeved LS2 with a GM single plane intake. When I was researching single plane intakes I found out the GM single plane intakes were about a half inch shorter than the Victor Juniors. I went with the GM for the extra clearance. I used a FAST 4 barrel TB with port fuel injection, and 58# injectors.

As far as getting air into the engine.... I tested an extreme velocity 90 degree elbow with 4" O.D. inlet tubing, MAF sensor, and cone style air filter. With an open 4 barrel throttle body and no air filter the engine made 670Hp at the crank. With the 90 degree elbow set up the peak power dropped to 600Hp. I tested a second set up (a modified spectre cold air intake) with 4" O.D. inlet tube, MAF sensor and cone style air filter. The peak power dropped to 635Hp. Here are some pictures of the setups I tested, and a picture of the GM LS7 single plane intake setup.

What I learned is that the 90 degree elbows don't work well with NA setups. Mostly you see guys using them with boosted engines.

As a result of my testing I decided to go with a cowel induction set up that will draw air from the back of my cowel induction hood. I will use a round 4" tall x 14" diameter air filter. When I tested this set up the peak power only dropped by 10Hp.

The modified spectre cold air intake would be a good second choice. I would stay away from the 90 degree elbow set up. Good luck with your project!
Old 06-16-2012, 07:53 AM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^what he said^^^ I was also going Vic jr without cutting the cowl but almost all shops across the USA said it robs a lot of HP on NA setups. Just get you a FAST 102/102 and port match the heads to the runners cause that's pretty much all you can do to those things and you'll be all good.

Quick Reply: L92 Victor Junior setup ????