Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which valve covers can I use to modify for crankcase ventilation?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 09:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which valve covers can I use to modify for crankcase ventilation?

I have a stroked TSP 402 with TFS 225 heads and YT rockers and LS6 valve covers now. Will LS1 valve covers fit? Car is dumping oil at road course during 30min WOT runs and decelerations. I need to relieve some crankcase pressure. Currently I have a breather on the passenger side valve cover nipple, std oil cap, and valley cover port is run thru catch can and then vented into atmosphere thru another breather cap. Port on intake is plugged. Because I have LS6 valve covers, the driver's side has no ports. My plan is to:

A) Modify both valve covers with larger diameter ports and run them to catch can.

B) Add breather cap to oil cap for fresh air in

If more venitlation is needed, the add this:

http://www.aeicnc.com/gen-iv-chevrol...ley-cover.html

with the largest ports to get more ventilation via the valley cover.

After that - vacuum pump.

I was going to get some used valve covers to modify just in case I need to undo. Sorry for the long post, but wanted to get all the info. Just need to know which ones would work on my motor.

BTW - I have read all 77 threads on catch can/crankcase evac.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As long as your rockers aren't the adjustable kind the LS1 covers should fit provided they are the center bolt style rather than the peripheral.

Quick Reply: Which valve covers can I use to modify for crankcase ventilation?