Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone put an LS1 water pump on my LS2

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 12:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone put an LS1 water pump on my LS2

ERL 102 TB fitment problem because someone put an LS1 water pump on my LS2

Was having some fitment issues with my fast 102 manifold/ ERL 102 throttle body. After figuring out some grinding needs to be done to the water pump for proper fitment, I started doing some research...Upon studying some pictures ect online, I have come to find out that there is an LS1 water pump on my LS2. A particular incident suddenly comes to mind from a couple years back. I was on a road trip out of town, many miles away and had to pay a shop to replace my original water pump because of a sudden major coolant leak, and no means to fix it my self being away from home.

Anyone who has put a fast manifold on an ls1 surely knows the piece of casting in the way. Many of the threads I've read and pics I've looked at depict 102 set ups with 90mm and 92mm throttle bodys. Who's successfully ground down an LS1 pump enough to squeeze a 102 t body on...OR should I just get an LS2 pump now?

And feel free to chime in if you know of any problems associated with having an LS1 pump on an LS2. I'm sure its fine, but not that sure.

Last edited by Nopps; 05-29-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ground down the ls1 water pump with no problem.

Quick Reply: Someone put an LS1 water pump on my LS2