Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question: LS3 Plug n' Play Harness Relay/Fuse Box

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 09:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question: LS3 Plug n' Play Harness Relay/Fuse Box

Dear Sir,
I am installing a LS3 crate engine with the GM Plug n' Play wire harness. I have a question about the fuse/relay box in the kit. The fuse/relay box has two vertical posts on the right side in the photo. They are for connecting various components the installer desires.
The question is: Are these two terminals always "HOT" or are they energized when the ignition is "ON"?
Thanks for any insight to this question.
Tom Solan
storch156b@gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails Question: LS3 Plug n' Play Harness Relay/Fuse Box-screen-shot-2016-07-12-11.02.09-am.png  
Old 07-13-2016, 12:24 PM
Teching In

Found the answer from Gandrud Performance, verified by Pace Performance. The vertical terminals are always "HOT", fused to 50A, and a non-return diode installed.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:28 PM
Teching In

Also, Gandrud sent a PDF of the wire harness diagram and entire LS3 system diagram. They need to be loaded to a thumb drive and taken to a print shop for printing. Way to much info to print on a 8"X11" piece of paper.
Old 01-04-2021, 02:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by solant
Also, Gandrud sent a PDF of the wire harness diagram and entire LS3 system diagram. They need to be loaded to a thumb drive and taken to a print shop for printing. Way to much info to print on a 8"X11" piece of paper.
Hello there Sir! Sorry to revive an old thread. I've had the swap as well but I wanted to add an accessory directly to the fuse block vs an add a tap on the slot. It would be a great help if you can send me that PDF file of the wire harness diagram.

Quick Reply: Question: LS3 Plug n' Play Harness Relay/Fuse Box