Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do any of you guys have rough idling 5.3's or any AFM GM V8?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 11:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Do any of you guys have rough idling 5.3's or any AFM GM V8?

I have a 2008 Silverado with 5.3 and it has a rough idle in park or gear and sometimes it causes the stabilitrac or traction control light to come on.. It just recently throwed a cylinder 2 misfire code that I cleared.. Ive done a lot of research and tons of people have this same problem with their AFM GM V8 also.. But it doesn't seam to have a clear solution.. I just want to see what's your thoughts before I start throwing parts at it..
Old 02-07-2017, 10:08 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Disable AFM, SeaFoam the intake and drive it for a while. Sometimes they come around and start running smooth and pick up power. Your AFM cylinders are completely cooked with oil and carbon deposits right now.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hellbents10
Disable AFM, SeaFoam the intake and drive it for a while. Sometimes they come around and start running smooth and pick up power. Your AFM cylinders are completely cooked with oil and carbon deposits right now.
That totally make sense now that I think about it.. I disabled the AFM about 3 weeks ago and I ran a full bottle of B-12 with a half tank of gas and it seams to have gotten a little better.. I'll try the sea foam method too.. Thanks..

Quick Reply: Do any of you guys have rough idling 5.3's or any AFM GM V8?