Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

what parts are needed to convert from ls1 to lsx???

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 10:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 53 Likes on 19 Posts

Default what parts are needed to convert from ls1 to lsx???

I currently have a 98 trans am with an ls1 in place. the new lsx block 427 will be ready to install shortly. other than an ls2 style front cover and cam sensor extension harness, what other parts do I need to buy to install the new long block? I'm sure that I will need a better valley cover also.

any input would be appreciated.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:31 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We've got a conversion package that has all the pieces you'll need to convert to a LS2/7/x block combo in stock for $399. It includes brand new GM components for the covers and Casper wiring.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 07-30-2009, 12:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am also doing a LSX but have the front cover with sensor and just got the harness from Joh at Texas speed but not sure about the valley cover on the LSX block is it different or do I need to get a different style than the LS1. If so how much it she cover?
Old 07-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what reluctor did you use on the crank? if you can, and did, use a ls1 24x on the crank in the block, then you wont need and adapter for the crank sensor. if you have the 58x on there, you need that adapter. for the valley cover, unless im wrong it should be the same as an ls1, but ls6 valley covers have some sort of vent built into them, right? ive seen them on ebay. i think a longblock should include the valley cover, but depends on who you paid for what. have you figured out what youre doing for the intake /rails /injectors /throttlebody? if youre just getting a longblock, youll need different stuff for it to fit in the car.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:20 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by plumcrazy1
I am also doing a LSX but have the front cover with sensor and just got the harness from Joh at Texas speed but not sure about the valley cover on the LSX block is it different or do I need to get a different style than the LS1. If so how much it she cover?
You have to use the LS2 valley cover on the LSx block.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!

Quick Reply: what parts are needed to convert from ls1 to lsx???