Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Low oil pressure/no oil out of rockers....on NEW motor!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrow Low oil pressure/no oil out of rockers....on NEW motor!!!

Just got a new motor running last night....Cranked and cranked with the injectors disabled and didnt build oil pressure so I started it for a second or two and after two tries it started building, it builds pretty slow (at least i think so, then again its a new motor) up to like 30psi but the lifters/rockers are tapping....I dont see oil shooting out of the pushrods, but hasnt been running for more than 45 seconds, the lifters are new and I had 8 soaked in oil for a couple hours shakin them every so ofter and the other 8 in oil for a day or two....Should they be pumped up by now and have oil coming out of the rockers? Im not seeing oil yet, should it take this long or its normal?

Specs on the motor
All new bearings including cam bearings
new rings
oil clearances checked and within specs
new rings and bores honed

HELPPPP
Old 08-18-2009, 01:29 AM
Launching!

Nevermind wrong section plus I let it run longer and oil starting squirting, now just got to figure out the misfire....delete or move this thread if necessary
Old 08-22-2009, 07:53 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In the future when starting a new engine. Leave the spark plugs out, disable the fuel pump and use the starter to roll the engine over untill you have oil pressure. It is much easier on the engine to roll over with no compression. I do this repeatedly to hopefully push any crap left in the oil passagaes out before the engine is loaded and to help everything seat.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:53 AM
9 Second Club

I agree with the above post.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by koolrayz
In the future when starting a new engine. Leave the spark plugs out, disable the fuel pump and use the starter to roll the engine over untill you have oil pressure. It is much easier on the engine to roll over with no compression. I do this repeatedly to hopefully push any crap left in the oil passagaes out before the engine is loaded and to help everything seat.
Originally Posted by JFM-jr
I agree with the above post.
Yes, what they both said.