Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Snl ls7 maf

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 09:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Snl ls7 maf

Just wanting to shoot from the hip on this one before I even get a chance to look at it directly and hook it up to HP and scan it...

I am doing a dual forced induction project on a LS4 motor which has a 3.25" TB but we are using the SNL LS7 MAF w/ 4" housing in the custom intake through the fender well. This question and thought is related to the boosted end of things.

I started it up and threw a chk light and a P01 series code and mind you....which is im sure the MAFs fault. We are not boosting just yet.

When I clear it on my scanguage, it chokes and dies...lol Just wondering some thoughts on this...it shouldnt be faulting from too high of a frequency until I make boost?? I still will have to plug in to scan it...but just getting some ideas...I dont think its wiring because its GM 5 to GM 5...just hooked it right up...thinking its a bad sensor...

Last edited by Rossko85; 09-06-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tried unplugging the MAF and seeing what it does???
Old 09-06-2009, 09:33 PM
12 Second Club

no not yet...like i said, no real trouble shooting just yet...will do though...i know from past experience with this car that it will throw a traction control system code and fwld my #7 plug...when we first hooked up the IC we ran it with no filter on it and no MAF, then that night we ran it through the IC...watched my AFR take me for a rainbow ride...one end to the other as i increase throttle and decrease at idle....next day, chk light on, scangauges where screaming P0307 code: number 7 cyl. misfire...LOL and my wideband bosch took a crap too same day!! that wasnt a good night for my car i dont think...

Last edited by Rossko85; 09-06-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you purchased the maf did they give you the new maf tables along with it? And did you program them in if you did get them?
Old 09-06-2009, 10:38 PM
12 Second Club

didnt get them sent to me...bought it used, well barely according to my seller...young kid with a great trader rating....he said it was just put on the car and was hardly even fired up cause all the work he was doing to it..he then went SD tune....but no, didnt do anything with the tables yet...i was just told by my tuner to get one of these things cause it wont fall off the tables...this isnt a LS1 or 2 or 6 ya know...LOL..shouldnt matter though...he is saying it should just plug right in and be ok...

Quick Reply: Snl ls7 maf