Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LSX-LS7 Heads?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSX-LS7 Heads?

Starting to plan out a LS motor for my 69 Camaro.

Want to get a LS7 shortblock and some good heads. I'd like AllPro's but from what Ive seen they are very pricey. Reading the specs on the new GM LSX-LS7 Heads they should be close to reaching that level of airflow if not the CT's will with probably significantly less cost.

Any timing on when these heads will be out? or early results?
Old 10-17-2009, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Texas Speed lists some PRC ported LS7 heads that are pretty reasonable on price and flow looks impressive. If you go LS7 short block, are you going to use OEM titanium rods or forged steel?

Curious why you choose LS7 for your 69. Great engine but for that car there are a lot of options.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:55 AM
Teching In

Im planning on doing something similar with my '69. I already bought the LSX block and now im looking for heads. I called GMPP back in June about the LSX-LS7 heads and they said the eta was Aug. and still no heads. I will probably go with the All Pro because im tired of waiting and they are the best on the market.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by COPO9560
Texas Speed lists some PRC ported LS7 heads that are pretty reasonable on price and flow looks impressive. If you go LS7 short block, are you going to use OEM titanium rods or forged steel?

Curious why you choose LS7 for your 69. Great engine but for that car there are a lot of options.
I was on the bigblock kick until I got wind of the LS movement. I want 427" at a minimum and "aluminum" for weight. I would like OEM shortblock since its light and revs quick. I've seen them sell at a decent price used on sites and craigslist. Then for the heads..I know a guy who has a C6 with AllPro's and you'd never know it's modified until it goes. 600hp+ and idles way better than my old 302/351 street motors.

At the end of the day probably will do a LS3 with 4.080 bore and stroker with big heads or a Sleeved LS2 block to get the bigger bore
Old 10-18-2009, 10:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

I love a LS7 in a 69.
plenty of power and with the right suspension it handles like on rails

Old 10-18-2009, 03:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

I went with Texas Speed PRCs. For the money they are unbeatable I believe, but I seriously debated getting all pro's because they were not that much more. In the end I didn't wanna be forced to spend money on shaft mounted rockers which drove them to a high price. If you are doing a money is no object build or your getting Jesel rockers or similar anyway, I'd go All Pro.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Blue Meanie
I went with Texas Speed PRCs. For the money they are unbeatable I believe, but I seriously debated getting all pro's because they were not that much more. In the end I didn't wanna be forced to spend money on shaft mounted rockers which drove them to a high price. If you are doing a money is no object build or your getting Jesel rockers or similar anyway, I'd go All Pro.
yes, BUT the all pro heads may cause piston/valve issues since the valves are in a different place. I want to leave my ls7 lower end alone and do the BEST heads, with a crazy cam. Looks like ported LS7's like TSP's may be nearly the only good option!

Quick Reply: LSX-LS7 Heads?