Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

HELP > looking for water pump for car-style intake on TBSS

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP > looking for water pump for car-style intake on TBSS

Hey guys, does anyone know where I can pickup a water pump that will work with my LQ9 408 stroker in a TBSS?

Basically the LS7 throttle body gets in the way. We already have an adjustment bracket for the idler pully, just trying to find a water pump that will work.

I tried meziere and Street and Performance and no luck. They recommend fabrications and possible spacers...

We tried a GTO water pump as well.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have truck accessories then you'll need a truck style pump....there's two styles that I know of for trucks...one has a short straight neck and the other has a longer curved neck...the longer curved neck works better cause you can twist it around...PT.net should has more insight on this....
Old 01-16-2010, 10:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cbluerock
Hey guys, does anyone know where I can pickup a water pump that will work with my LQ9 408 stroker in a TBSS?
I believe that the 12600767 pump is the one you want, but it will still require a ~45-48 mm spacer (or nitrous plate ) to clear the stepper motor on the LS2/7 TB.

Another option is the Nick Williams DBW TB, which uses the earlier stepper mounted on the opposite side (check your alternator clearance).