Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

question about alternator ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 01:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about alternator ...

mkay i got a 00 ss camaro .. my car died on me on the way home last week my dash lights came on and my radio went out right before i lost all power.. pretty sure it was the alternator so i pulled it off and had it checked sure enough it was bad more than likely due to my power-steering leak .. bought a new one (refurbished) .... slapped it on bolted it down, charged my batter up and car ran fine for about 30 mins.. then same thing happend again .. so i took the alternator back off figured i got a bad one from the auto parts store.. took it back had it checked out, and it checked fine... so i replaced my belt, + battery terminals and wire leading to the back of the alternator still nothing.. figured my battery was toast since it ran bone dry that one night.. bought a new battery .. once again ran fine for a while, and then boom.. again dash lights and radio died then followed by the car shutting off .. i was stumped up until today when i noticed the exit/ field wire that connects to the top of the alternator that runs up to the to the side of the fuel rail lines to the firewall was broken, the wire was cut.. i was told that the alternator would charge even with this being disconnected.. what i wanna know is could this be causing my car from running like poop? .. someone let me know .. please!!!!